XBOX World Championship Poker 2
From what we've read we're not exactly sure they've gotten this new game for Xbox totally right but it's also not totally wrong. Team XBOX thinks it's pretty darn good and we have to think if Crave put it out - it's going to be at least decent.
Did the poker season start and no one told me again? The last time I checked the world of sports contained no real “poker season” and yet it’s this time of year that the videogame industry has designated to unleash their latest card-baring games to the public. Enough of my ranting, on to the review! - Team XBOX
XBOX World Championship Poker 2 features:
- More poker - 14 different varieties of poker, ranging from Texas Hold 'em and Five-Card Stud to Deuce-to-Seven Triple Draw and Razz: Ace to Five.
- More gameplay -- Active tell and bluff system, RPG-like upgradeable skill system and character outfitting
- Play with the pros- In-game character likenesses, play styles and iconic signature personality traits of eight of the worlds best professional poker professionals, including Howard Lederer, Annie Duke, Greg Raymer, Amir Vahedi, Paul Darden, Clonie Gowen, Robert Williamson III and featuring announcing by Matt Savage.
- Hip new look- More Rat Pack era themed shell and HUD, more realistic looking characters and advanced animation system with something moving on the screen at all times
- Broader audience appeal- With the choice of Real Deal simulation or Power Play arcade modes, WCP2 appeals to experience poker players as well as casual console gamers
We'll be adding this to our Gamefly queue and should have our thoughts soon.
At XB World Championship Poker 2 and review at Team XBOX
Read More in: Poker Video Games
Share this Article with others:
Came straight to this page? Visit Just The Chips for all the latest news.
Posted by Jay Brewer at November 10, 2005 1:51 PM